Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Honesty is Key: A Prelude to Self-Assessment

As I start to finish up my questions for the final exam, I couldn't help but think for the future about what exactly I am going to write within my self-assessment. For me, this class has been a journey: a journey that has had its highs and its lows. At first I didn't have much expectations in this class, but in terms of the amount of new ideas that I have acquired, those expectations were exceeded. I will admit, however, that throughout this course I was highly intimidated my most of my peers, but neglected to let my doubts and fears lead me to give up and drop the class, like most have already done. I decided to challenge myself, and strive to achieve my goals and aspirations in the most effective way that I can. That is why I am still here.

Digital Networks had allowed me to view technology in a entirely different perspective. I have always been surrounded by technology growing up, and I still effectively utilize technology to this day. Now, I have become aware of how Google has really influenced my discovery of information online, and how I have constantly been distracted by technologies. I have learned that the media is highly influential, especially in today's society, and how the interactivity through social networks has both negatives and positives. Through my analysis of media I have become more open-minded about numerous ideas, and though it may seem peculiar or strange, I often link some technological ideas to Music, which is obviously one of my motivating forces in my life.

I felt the need to express some of my self-assessment with no intentions to seem vulnerable or weak, but in fact strong and determined to succeed in this course. Like we discussed in class from Carr's observations, these days there is not much compassion for others in the world, and I feel that this is true, simply because we are mainly concerned with ourselves, and often neglect the feelings or views of others. People have a tendency to not become fully engaged in knowledge and have trouble remembering certain ideas, thoughts and values. Sometimes it's good to sit back and dwell on our interactions with others without being distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment